Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cullination Royalty: Bulbasaur Part 1


The very first Pokemon featured on Cullination Royalty!  Introducing Bulbasaur!  

Bulbasaur's first game is Pokemon Red and Blue.  He is one of three of  the first starting Pokemon...ever!  Though Bulbasaur does not get as much love as the other starters (Charmander and Squirtle) Bulbasaur is one of the best!  But why doesn't he get as much love as the other starter Pokemon?  I have been wondering this for a very long time.  I personally really like Bulbasaur.  But the reason as to why people do not like him as much is because he was not chosen to be on the cover of the original Pokemon games for the Game Boy (in America).  Although that is true, Bulbasaur does not get as much love as he should.  Now, I'm not saying that I have some kind of crush on Bulbasaur because he was my first Pokemon ever (because he wasn't) but because I truly believe he is very underrated and one of the best starting Pokemon in history and even one of the best grass types in the game!

Bulbasaur is also one of the easiest starting Pokemon to train.  He evolves into Ivysaur at level 16 and then Venasaur at level 32.  A strategy I just love to use with Bulbasaur, which is a good way to torture your enemy, is to use leech seed and then poison powder.  With this strategy you can really torture your opponent  because each turn they lose some health with poison powder plus they lose even more health with leech seed as you gain health and then you still attack them with whatever move you want during that same turn!  I don't know why but I just love doing this to my enemies!

Anyway, Bulbasaur in my opinion is a very good Pokemon.  Go ahead and try him out again.  But be sure to train him with an open mind because if you already think that he stinks then you will not give Bulbasaur a fair shot and you will always not like him.  So, train Bulbasaur again with an open mind and if you still do not like him, at least you tried.  

So, how did you like Royalty this week?  Sound off in the comment section below to let us know or send me an email at shawn@cullination.net.  Also remember that I am always open to suggestions so send me an email to see your favorite underrated character on Cullination Royalty!  As for right now, come back on Tuesday as Bulbasaur's Cullination Royalty continues! 

No comments:

Post a Comment