Thursday, October 11, 2012

PETA: Pure Evil Troubled Adolescents



To this day I still remember the first episode of Pokemon.  Ash Ketchum was finally old enough to be a Pokemon Trainer!  He was so excited!  But unfortunately, he wasn't able to get the Pokemon he wanted.  Instead he got a Pikachu.  In the beginning, Pikachu hated his new trainer as much as he did Poke-Balls.  Ash tried to befriend the Pikachu and kept him out of his Poke-Ball, but Pikachu still despised Ash.  When Pikachu finally started to like Ash was when he got attacked by a bunch of Spearows!  Pikachu then wanted to help Ash and be his friend.  However things got worse when Pikachu got hurt and Ash rushed him to the Poke-Center in the poring rain!  Ever since this moment, Ash and Pikachu has been best friends. 

What's the point I'm trying to make?  For those of you unaware, PETA (Pure Evil Troubled Adolescents) recently attacked the entire Pokemon franchise and it's fans.  PETA claims that Pokemon is all about capturing animals to abuse them.  Don't get me wrong,  I'm agianst animal cruelity as much as the next guy, but when I was a kid playing a Pokemon game or watching the anime series, the last thing on my mind was to be cruel to animals.  How could PETA try to ruin a series that is loved by millions of people all over the world?  Better yet, how could they try to ruin a series that is about friendship?  Throughout the games and the anime they try to prevent being cruel to Pokemon and instead treat them with love and care.

AREN'T YOU JUST AS BAD FOR
COMING UP WITH THIS, PETA?
PETA even released a flash game about their case.  You control Pikachu as you battle humans like Professor Juniper and Ghetsis as you recruit other Pokemon to join the fight.  My opinion about this game is that PETA is coming off as a bit hypocritical.  This is because they are suggesting that Pokemon should not fight when in fact they do in the game.  Albeit, they don't fight each other but they do fight.  In fact when I played the game my Pikachu fainted.  If they don't want people to force animals to fight, why are they fighting humans?  It is in an animals instinct to fight another animal.  This game that PETA created suggests that it is okay for a human to fight an animal and throw poisonous needles at it.  This is what happens in the game when you fight Professor Juniper.  If PETA wants to argue that playing Pokemon games makes people think that it is okay for humans to force animals to fight, I argue that playing PETA's game makes people think that it is okay for humans to fight animals.  In my opinion, I think that is much worse.

Do you recall a few months ago when PETA argued that playing the game Super Mario Land 3D, told kids that it is okay to wear fur?  I want to know where PETA gets this from.  When I imagine PETA I always think of an evil wizard standing on top of a mountain shooting lightning bolts at the villagers laughing maniacally.  Hence why I came up with their acronym... Pure Evil Troubled Adolescents.


HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT PETA'S MOST RECENT IDIOTIC MOVE?  SOUND OFF IN THE COMMENT SECTION TO LET US KNOW!